Create a memory burn.When lighting a coco soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. The first burn of the candle should last as long as it takes to reach all the way to the edges of the container. This will give you maximum fragrance and an even burn. If you do not allow the wax to pool on the first burn you may get wax remaining along the sides of your candle jar.
Trim the wick.Coco soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so coco soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly. Always trim your wick to about 1 cm before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimise soot and remove any mushrooming of the wick left from the previous burn. But be sure not to over trim your wick as you may not be able to re-light your candle. If you do not trim the wick regularly, if the candle is in a draft or is left to burn too long you may get a “mushroom” of carbon on the end of the wick. This may cause some soot to collect on the inside of the candle jar. If this happens, extinguish your candle, wait for it to cool, wipe off the carbon marks with a clean damp cloth and re-light.
Do not blow out your candles.
Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten with a candle wick dipper or use one of our candle care snuffers from our Candle Care Kit.
AppearancePlease remember the candles are hand poured and not massed produced. Although all effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be different.
When using coco soy wax, sometimes you may notice darker patches or wet spots in your container candles. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the candle jar 100%. This does not affect the candle in any way. The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven, this is also a sign of natural soy wax being hand poured.
Do not leave your candle in direct sunlight as it may turn a nasty yellow colour. It will not affect the candle in any way, it just loses its creamy white colour.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN FIRE, HAZARD OR INJURY. NEVER MOVE A LIT CANDLE.
ALWAYS KEEP OUT OF REACH OF PETS AND CHILDREN.
PLACE THE CANDLE ON A STABLE, HEAT RESISTANT SURFACE.
AVOID EXPOSURE TO DRAFTS. NEVER LEAVE A LIT CANDLE UNATTENDED.
CAUTION: CONTAINER MAY BECOME HOT.
AT THE END OF COMBUSTION, A VARIABLE QUANTITY OF WAX MAY REMAIN.
ALWAYS STORE CANDLE IN A COOL DRY PLACE BELOW 25 DEGREES CELSIUS AND AWAY FROM DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
TRIM WICK TO ABOUT 1 CM BEFORE LIGHTING AND RELIGHTING
MADE IN AUSTRALIA